Eight Hour Multi-Session Course on How to Illustrate Pin-Up Style Spokes Models!
- Applications Used: Adobe Photoshop CS
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Estimated Completion Time: 3h +
Download Source Files
Source files for this tutorial are available to Premium members.
Get a Premium Membership
Final Product What You’ll Be Creating
How to Draw the Head Runtime: 3 Hours (with a 24 Minute Intro to SketchBook Pro)
Disney and Pixar-trained illustrator & animator Paris Christou teaches this fantastic eight hour course on how to draw and color the female form in elaborate detail. His practice subject is Cherry, a creation of his that has gained internet notoriety as an iconic cartoon model.
Paris will teach you the finer points of illustrating your own spokes-model or “pin up girl” which you could use for a variety of marketing needs: eye-popping email campaigns, website ads, a hostess who explains features of a game or application, and of course she could be a traditional pinup girl on a print poster or calendar for your company.
This course has been divided into sessions, with the first one focusing on the head. Before beginning though, you can watch an intro course on SketchBook Pro IF you want to draw in the same program as Paris.
- Drawing the eye from different angles
- How to convey different moods with just the eye
- Drawing the lips from various angles with tips on cheek placement
- Drawing the nose and the importance of shadow
- Basic head shapes
- How to draw different hair styles
- How to put the facial features and hairstyle together with expressions
This video also includes an incredible real-time (non time lapsed) observation session where Paris draws various faces and hair styles with an ambient background audio track. You can practice along with Paris at your own pace during this part.
The Body Runtime: 3 Hours and 8 Minutes
This session Paris teaches what every good cartoon pin-up girl has in common: an enticing body shape with perfectly crafted arms, legs, hands and feet. And as every student of the female form knows, those extremities are often the hardest parts to draw correctly. An odd looking hand or foot can ruin an otherwise great pose. So Paris pays special attention to teaching those parts as well as the more curvaceous aspects of his model.
By the end of this session Paris draws 64 full body poses in real-time along with MANY more close up views of the hands, feet, arms and legs
- How to draw the basic body shapes
- An anatomical breakdown of the body in side and front view
- How to draw the hands
- How to draw the feet
- How to draw the arms and legs
- How to draw the following pin-up poses listed below…
- 15 Standing Poses
- 14 Sitting Poses
- 12 Reclining Poses
- 14 Kneeling Poses
- 9 Back-view Poses
Illustrating and Coloring the Finished Piece Runtime: 2 Hours and 13 Minutes
This session creates the final masterpiece, which is obviously the expertly shaded image of Cherry you see adorning our sales page here. She does help advertise the product doesn’t she? And that aspect of this course shouldn’t overlooked. Creating a gorgeous spokes-woman to sell your product or pitch your idea is a great final goal for this session.
- Putting everything together to sketch our final piece
- Creating the line-art
- Intro to Blending in Sketchbook Pro
- Coloring the line-art with technique #1
- Coloring the line-art with technique #2This tutorial is available exclusively to vCreative Premium Members. If you are looking to take your Photoshop CS5 skills to the next level then Log in or Join Now to get started!