As we push further into autumn (in some parts of the world) many designers might be thinking about how to create autumn-inspired artwork for the projects they are working on.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create text made of hay using Photoshop’s 3D features as an aid. Let’s get started!
- Applications Used: Adobe Illustration CS5
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Estimated Completion Time: 3h +
Download Source Files
Source files for this tutorial are available to Premium members.
Get a Premium Membership
Final Product What You’ll Be Creating
- Open downloaded field picture.
- Go to Image-Image Size and change its all parameters like on the picture below.
Now you will bring in original picture as a Smart object. You need to do that to have one bigger hay bale in front of the picture later on.
- Open Mini Bridge.
- Navigate to image file on your disk.
- Grab it and drag it onto the canvas.
- Change its name to “Harvest_final”.
In Paths palette create new path call it “hay bale”. Activate Pen (P) tool and draw shape around hay bale. Create selection from this path by pressing dashed circle . Alternatively you can press Command/Ctrl and press on Path thumbnail to make selection from it.
Press Command/Ctrl + J to create new layer. Call it “Hay bale 1”.
Duplicate this layer two times, to do that press Command/Ctrl + J. Place them as on screen grabs using Transform (Command/Ctrl + T) tool. You will adjust they position later.
…and that’s the end of the preview!
View The Tutorials