A 35 minute video tutorial, explaining in detail the secrets of selecting and masking hair in Photoshop!. The video is 1200×900 resolution, so you can see everything that’s going on (preview is widescreen) clearly.
Throughout this video tutorial, I explain in depth how to go about effectively selecting and masking hair in Photoshop. Hair selection has always been one of the most tricky things to do, and even though Photoshop has some amazing mask tools, it can still be very difficult. However after watching this video tutorial on hair selection and masking, you will be sure to have a much better grasp at the possibilities Photoshop gives, and the best ways to go about your hair selection problems!
Along with the video, you also get the exact same image that have been worked in the video, so you can follow the tutorial in exact detail!
- Applications Used: Adobe Photoshop CS
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Estimated Completion Time: 3h +
Download Source Files
Source files for this tutorial are available to Premium members.
Get a Premium Membership
Final Product What You’ll Be Creating
- Music in Preview by: Alexander Blu
The following topics are covered:
- Using channels to select hair.
- Creating custom channels and manipulating them.
- Refining selections with the Mask Edge tool.
- Getting rid of black edges.
- Using Colour Range selection for hair masking.
- Easy ways to change background colours.
- And more!